- Work It DAILY
- 👍 How To Write A GOOD Cover Letter!
👍 How To Write A GOOD Cover Letter!
Plus: Take your interview answers to the next level with this 1 tip!
Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!
It’s nice to see you… If you love what you read today in this newsletter, and aren’t already subscribed, you can SIGN UP HERE. If you are subscribed, enjoy!
In today's email:
How to write a good cover letter! The 5 parts of a cover letter.
Taking your interview answers to the next level. Our #1 tip.
Being perfectly qualified won’t get you the job. But personality will.
Weekend Reading & Friday Finds! Happy Friday!
What to do when you’re not the “ideal candidate”. How to pick yourself back up after a rejection email.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
Every great cover letter has these five parts to it…well in our opinion it does.
We believe in order to grab the attention of a recruiter or hiring manager, a cover letter should be well planned out.
The five parts of a cover letter consist of:
The Salutation (The Hello!)
The Opening (The Grab)
The Second Paragraph (The Hook)
The Third Paragraph (Paragraph of Knowledge)
The Fourth Paragraph (The Close)
These sections are the backbone of your cover letter. Once you have the mechanics of it figured out, writing cover letters will become a breeze. All you have to to is customize each section to the specific job you are applying for.
Keep reading to learn more about what each part should consist of when using this five part method.
Our #1 Tip To Take Your Interview Answers To The Next Level! 💯👌🔥
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveyJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Being the most qualified doesn’t always get you the job. If you’re thinking you’re going to land a job because you meet every single requirement, then maybe you should think again. Yes, recruiters and hiring managers obviously want someone who is qualified for the job, but they also want personality. If a hiring manager has to choose between someone who is perfectly qualified, but doesn’t have the best personality or someone who isn’t as qualified, but has the personality they want for their team, they are going to pick the less qualified person. Why? Because to them, someone who will fit well with the team is extremely valuable and worth the lack of qualifications. Here’s how you can let your personality shine during the hiring process:
Happy Friday & Happy December!! We hope you enjoy today’s workplace memes and word search!
Today’s Energy Boosters Recommendation is Awakening Your Inner Workplace Renegade by Work It DAILY’s CEO J.T. O’Donnell. This book will teach you how to transform your career and find your professional purpose. If you are sick and tired of feeling like your career is controlling you, its time to take the control back into your own hands.
If you’ve a job seeker right now then you’re probably heard the terms best fit or ideal candidate quite a bit.
When hiring managers are looking for candidates for an open position, they usually know exactly what they want and sometimes WHO they want. Unfortunately, these expectations aren’t always clear to the candidates applying to these jobs. Job seekers find themselves confused and struggling with mixed messages.
Becoming an employer’s perfect fit for a job can be challenging task. Nobody is perfect, so you shouldn’t be to hard on yourself. But what do you do when you receive a rejection email for what feels like the thousandth time?
It’s easy to get down in the dumps about a rejection letter. Finding the motivation to bounce back time and time again, is hard. But you need to remember that these hiring managers have a specific person in mind, and won’t settle for less.
Here is some motivation for when you find yourself upset about not being the “ideal candidate”.
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!
4. Love Work It DAILY? We love ourselves too, which is why we decided to create some merch. You can click HERE to access our store or click on the images below to go right to the products. We hope you love it as much as we do!