- Work It DAILY
- 🤓 SMART Goals for Job Seekers!!
🤓 SMART Goals for Job Seekers!!
Plus: What to do when 1,000+ people apply to a job...
Hello Everyone and Happy Monday!
It’s nice to see you… If you love what you read today in this newsletter, and aren’t already subscribed, you can sign up below. If you’re already subscribed, enjoy!
In today's email:
SMART goals for job seekers! Ready to achieve?
How the internet has made it harder to find a job. And what you can do about it.
Jobs we love. Remote ones too.
What if 1,000+ people apply to a job? How will I ever get picked!?!
SMART goals are a powerful tool all job seekers should be using during their job search.
SMART goals are a specific type of goal, not just something you get to say if you are a “smart” person coming up with a “smart” goal. SMART is an acronym standing for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. It’s a guide for goal setting, and can be a great tool for job seekers.
If you’re a job seeker, you probably have a long list of things you need to do to find a new job. This might include: update resume, search for opportunities online, reach out to references. While these are some great goals, they don’t follow the SMART goal method.
How could we make “update resume” more specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely?
How about something like… Update Resume - Create a customized resume for each job I want to apply for by next Friday.
Goals that follow this method are way more likely to be achieved. Why? Because you know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it. There’s no questioning what the specifics of the goal entail.
Keep reading to learn more about how SMART Goals can improve your job search!
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
How The Internet Has Made It Harder To Get A Job! 💻🌐🔎
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
Remote jobs are highly in demand right now! If you’re in the market for a new job and want to work from home, we have some ideas for you.
Found job you like? Apply directly though their website using the links above. But remember, LinkedIn is your friend, we always suggest using backchanneling to give yourself a better shot at lading a job. To learn more about connecting with potential employers click HERE.
If 1,000 people with all the same skills apply to a job, who gets it? In the video above, J.T. explains why getting a job involves more than just your skills. Getting a job is also about your personality and aptitude. These two things play just as big of a part in the decision making process and could arguably be more important than having the right skills.
What do we mean by this? Well, employers want to hire someone who will solve problems, alleviate pain, and will make their jobs easier. If you can be the person who is going to benefit them in as many ways as possible, then you will be the person who stands out against the other 999 people.
How do I show an employer I can make their life easier? By proving your value. If you can articulate how you leverage your skills, knowledge, and personality to create value, employers will put you at the top of their list. You have to clearly explain to them what you can do to help make their job easier, because if you don’t, they won’t have any idea of what you can truly do.
If you would like more tips about how to articulate and prove your value to employers, consider a membership with Work It DAILY. Our job search career coaching platform prepares job seekers for every stage of the hiring process and supports them every step of the way. From coaches, to courses, to a lively community, Work It DAILY has the tools to help you succeed.
Head to www.workitdaily.com and try a 7-day FREE trial today!!
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!
4. Love Work It DAILY? We love ourselves too, which is why we decided to create some merch. You can click HERE to access our store or click on the images below to go right to the products. We hope you love it as much as we do!