😲 Your Resume Is NOT Working!!
Plus: Here's how to stay confident during job interviews.
Hello Everyone and Happy Friday! We have some exciting news! We’ve launched merch for Work It DAILY! If you are in need of a new sweatshirt or coffee mug, our merch is the perfect excuse. You can access our store HERE! We hope you love it as much as we do!
In today's email:
Here’s why your resume isn’t working! And how you can fix it.
Your employer is requiring everyone to return to the office. But you don’t want to…
How to write a disruptive cover letter. It’s time to kick the traditional cover letter to the curb.
Weekend Reading! And Friday Finds!!
Staying confident during job interviews. Don’t let your nerves ruin your shot at a job.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
You’ve applied to a ton of jobs, but all you’ve gotten back is crickets…
Why am I not getting interviews? What am I doing wrong?
When job seekers come to us and say they are applying to jobs, but not getting any interviews, most of the time their resume is to blame.
It’s easy for job seekers to make mistakes on their resumes that make it harder for them to land an interview. If your resume isn’t optimized for ATS and can’t catch the attention of a recruiter in a few seconds, then you’ve got some work to do.
Here are three reasons why your resume isn’t working and how you can fix them!
When Your Employer Decides To Make Everyone Return To The Office! 😒😟
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveyJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
How to write a disruptive cover letter. The days of the traditional cover letter are OVER! If you are still writing a “to whom it may concern” style cover letter, it’s time to change it up. Recruiters and hiring managers don’t want to read these boring letters, it’s a waste of their time! Instead we like to catch the attention of an employer with a connection story. Here’s what you need to know:
Happy Friday! There’s no better way to start your weekend than with some humor and a good laugh. We hope this does the trick!
Today’s Weekend Reading Recommendation is Rising Strong by Brene Brown. Leading a brave life is not always easy, you’re bound to fall down at some point. Brown will teach you how to rise from your falls, so you can get back to being brave.
It’s normal to feel nervous before a job interview.
We all get nervous from time to time, and a job interview can be one of those times. You have to present yourself to a bunch of strangers and hope that they like you. The pressure is on and that can be nerve-wracking.
For many of us, those nerves tends to wash away once the interview gets going. We get comfortable because we know we are prepared and qualified, and we really want the job.
But what happens if you can’t calm your nerves?
This usually means you lack confidence in yourself and don’t believe that you can get the job. Hiring managers and recruiters can pick up on your lack of confidence during an interview, and it can hurt your chances at a job offer.
Here are three tips to help you stay confident during an interview, so you can land your next job!
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!