- Work It DAILY
- 📝 Your resume needs THIS!
📝 Your resume needs THIS!
Plus: What's wrong with the job search market right now?
Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!
It’s nice to see you… If you love what you read today in this newsletter, and aren’t already subscribed, you can sign up below. If you’re already subscribed, enjoy!
In today's email:
Want to land a job in 2024? Your resume needs this!
In the news: bad news for homebuyers, employee power shift, & Microsoft layoff anger.
What’s wrong with the job search market right now? Watch to find out!
Don’t apply to 500+ jobs!! Do THIS instead...
The goal of your resume is to stand out to employers, to make them want to learn more about you. You want them to to be so curious that they invite you to an interview. So how does one accomplish this?
Your resume might be one of the first impressions you make on a hiring manager, so it’s important you stand out against the competition. We know this can feel like a lot of pressure. For many job seekers, they might feel lost when they sit down to write their resume. If this sounds like you, you might be thinking:
What should I include on my resume? How much information is enough? What do hiring managers really want to see?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here’s the one thing you need to include on your resume to stand out to employers!
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
What’s Wrong With The Job Search Market Right Now?🤷📊
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
Remote jobs are highly in demand right now! If you’re in the market for a new job and want to work from home, we have some ideas for you.
Found job you like? Apply directly though their website using the links above. But remember, LinkedIn is your friend, we always suggest using backchanneling to give yourself a better shot at lading a job. To learn more about connecting with potential employers click HERE.
In the video above, J.T. explains why applying to hundreds of jobs won’t help you get a job any faster.
If you are a job seeker, and are using this method of applying to as many jobs as you can, it’s time to stop. You’re probably not getting very many interviews, and there’s a reason for this. You don’t have a personal connection to any of these companies, and they know that. You’re not standing out in any way.
Instead, we suggest finding the top 20 companies you would love to work for. You need to be able to explain why you love each of these companies, you need to create a connection story. Once you have this connection story, it’s time to get it into the hands of real employees at these companies.
By just applying online, you’re not able to share this personal connection and you will most likely get tossed just like the hundreds of other applicants.
If you want to learn more about how to create a connection story and get that story into the hand of real people, Work It DAILY can help.
Our job search coaching platform was designed to help job seekers just like you land better jobs more efficiently.
Come check us out by starting a 7-day FREE trial at www.workitdaily.com
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!
4. Love Work It DAILY? We love ourselves too, which is why we decided to create some merch. You can click HERE to access our store or click on the images below to go right to the products. We hope you love it as much as we do!