- Work It DAILY
- 😟 Remote Work Loneliness
😟 Remote Work Loneliness
Plus: How AI will impact your career!
Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!
It’s nice to see you… If you love what you read today in this newsletter, and aren’t already subscribed, you can sign up below. If you’re already subscribed, enjoy!
In today's email:
Remote work loneliness! A major downfall of a WFH lifestyle.
In the news: Job growth, Zoom layoffs, & private payrolls.
How AI will impact your job & career. You don’t want to ignore this!
Why is it so hard to get a job right now? If the unemployment rate is low, why is EVERYONE looking for jobs?
A global pandemic has brought more and more workers to adjust to home-based work. And while many advantages have come out of remote work, to say it hasn’t come with challenges would be a lie.
The benefits of a work from home schedule including increased productivity, reduced commutes, and better work-life balance are appreciated by workers all over the country. However, for some, the loneliness of being home alone all day can be overwhelming.
Employees are faced with the battle of finding the balance between focusing on their productivity and the need for social interaction. In an office, there’s always going to be people to connect with, but at home that’s not always the case. Is it possible to fulfill this need for social interaction at home? Of course it is!
How can employees create meaningful connections in an isolated work environment?
This article investigates the different strategies used to tackle remote work loneliness and aims to enhance employees professional and personal lives. It doesn’t matter if you’re new to remote work or have been doing it for years, we’re positive you’ll walk away feeling ready to take on remote work loneliness!
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
How AI Will Impact Your Job & Career! 🤖🧑💻
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
Remote jobs are highly in demand right now! If you’re in the market for a new job and want to work from home, we have some ideas for you.
Found job you like? Apply directly though their website using the links above. But remember, LinkedIn is your friend, we always suggest using backchanneling to give yourself a better shot at lading a job. To learn more about connecting with potential employers click HERE.
In the video above, J.T. responds to a comment about why it feels like EVERYONE is looking for a job even though the unemployment rate is low.
If the unemployment rate is low, then there shouldn’t be that many people job searching right now… right? Well, in theory yes, a lower unemployment rate should mean more people have jobs. So why is EVERYONE searching for a job right now?
Many of these “employed” people are actually underemployed. The underemployed are working part time jobs just to make ends need. They would much rather have a new better paying job, but that’s hard to find right now.
If you look at the adjusted employment rate (the rate that accounts for the underemployed who are searching for better opportunities), it’s around 7%. This adjusted rate is a better representation of what is going on in the job search world right now. So yes, it does make sense that EVERYONE is looking for a job right now despite the unemployment rate being so “low”.
If you are ready to find a new better paying job and want to stand out from your competitors, try a membership with Work It DAILY. Our program has all the resources and tools a job seeker needs to succeed in today’s labor market.
Try us FREE for 7 days at www.workitdaily.com
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!
4. Love Work It DAILY? We love ourselves too, which is why we decided to create some merch. You can click HERE to access our store or click on the images below to go right to the products. We hope you love it as much as we do!