🙅 QUIT Pursuing Career Happiness!!
Plus: Our #1 tip for talking about your strengths in job interviews.
Hello Everyone and Happy Tuesday!
We have some exciting news! We’ve launched merch for Work It DAILY! If you are in need of a new sweatshirt or coffee mug, our merch is the perfect excuse. You can access our store HERE! We hope you love it as much as we do!
In today's email:
Quit pursuing career happiness! And do this instead.
How to get a higher paying job. Our best tips & tricks.
Ready to be satisfied with your career? Here’s what you need to do.
Career Would You Rather! Do you like to dress up for work?
#1 tip for talking about your strengths. NEVER say “I think my strengths are…”
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
Instead of focusing on career happiness, focus on this…
Work It DAILY’s CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O’Donnell, thinks one of the biggest mistakes people are making post-pandemic is they are too focused on creating career happiness. Instead, she believes they should be trying to build career resilience.
Career happiness is really difficult to achieve. What will make you happy in your career today, might not make you happy in five years. Which is why you should be focused on satisfaction and resilience in your career, and not just happiness.
Here are three reasons why you should quit pursuing career happiness.
How To Get A Higher Paying Job! 💸🤑
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveyJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Are you ready for career success and satisfaction? We should all love what we do. Our careers should bring us satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment. However, not everyone has this for themselves. If you want it, you have to work for it. Your dream job isn’t just going to fall into your lap. Here are our best tips for creating a career that brings you satisfaction:
When it comes to our work life, sometimes choices we need to make feel difficult. Others are a no-brainer. Tell us which of the following is right for YOU!
Would you rather...
(click on an option below)
Today’s Eat To Succeed Recommendation are snacks from LesserEvil. They use coconut oil on their air popped popcorn, so you still have a great taste without all the inflammatory oils. We also love their Space Balls, which are crunchy corn puffs and come in a bunch of different flavors. Their snacks are minimally processed and are organic, so you can enjoy your favorite snacks while also eating clean!
Don’t give your own opinions about your personal strengths during an interview.
A common question for hiring managers and recruiters to ask during a job interview is: “What are your strengths?”
If you typically answer this question with, “I think my strengths are ____,” we suggest trying this…
The answer you give to this interview question is a great way to show that you have emotional intelligence and is a way to stand out from other candidates. Instead of answering the question with your own opinion of your strengths, you need to give them real examples. We suggest talking about feedback and compliments you have received from previous employers.
By doing this, you are showing the future employer that you know your value in the workplace. And remember, you can always ask a manager, boss, or co-worker for their feedback if you are not exactly sure what to say.
Keep reading to learn more about talking about your strengths.
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!