😡 QUIT Job Searching on Fridays!!!
Plus: This is how LinkedIn can help you find your dream job.
Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!
Fun idea… If you love what you read today in this newsletter, and aren’t already subscribed, you can SIGN UP HERE. If you are subscribed, enjoy!
In today's email:
Stop looking for a job on Fridays! Here’s why.
Signs your interview is going well! 3 things to look for.
This is how LinkedIn can help you find your dream job. It’s all about your connection story.
Weekend Reading! And Friday Finds.
10 things that make a difference to hiring managers. Don’t make these silly mistakes.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
By the time Friday rolls around, we are usually ready for some relaxation.
This not only applies to people who work all week, but also to those who are unemployed. Job search can be tough and at the end of the week, you might be ready to take a break. And you should!
However, when people take time off and try to enjoy themselves, they get this annoying voice in their head. It tells them they shouldn’t be out and should be working on finding a job.
This shouldn’t happen though, you don’t have to feel guilty about taking time off from your job search. When you feel guilty for having fun, you don’t actually get the break you deserve. The voice in your head takes it away from you.
Here’s how you can take time away from your job search on Fridays without feeling guilty about it.
Signs Your Interview Is Going Well! 👍😄🙌
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveryJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Did you know LinkedIn can help find you a job? Well now you do! And we are not talking about job postings on LinkedIn. You can use networking to help you find a job. LinkedIn is a great platform to connect with employees at your dream company and get yourself on the employers radar. You might be wondering, “How do I do that?” Here’s how:
Happy Friday Everyone!! Here are a few of our favorite memes from the week. We also included a Thanksgiving themed word search for you to play!
Today’s Weekend Reading Recommendation is Change Your Mindset To Achieve Success by Ale A. Heinen. If you want to build your confidence and turn your dreams to reality, this book will give you the power to do exactly that! Grab a copy below:
Hiring managers have to make a lot of hard decisions when it comes to hiring.
Don’t let a silly little mistake ruin your chances of being hired!
Let’s say you walk into an interview and see that there are other candidates there waiting to be interviewed. You don’t realize it, but you display a frown on your face. The hiring manager notices and you’ve already blown your first impression.
Or what if you walk into an interview in jeans and a t-shirt, while everyone else is in suits? It looks like you could care less about the interview, and clearly didn’t do any research on the company.
Both of these are great examples of something small that can make or break being hired.
With a little research, thought, and preparation you can avoid these small mistakes that turn off hiring managers. Here are ten things that make all the difference.
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!
4. Love Work It DAILY? We love ourselves too, which is why we decided to create some merch. You can click HERE to access our store or click on the images below to go right to the products. We hope you love it as much as we do!