- Work It DAILY
- 🙅♀️ NO experience needed!
🙅♀️ NO experience needed!
Plus: Is the wallpaper effect impacting your job search?
Hello Everyone and Happy Tuesday!
It’s nice to see you… If you love what you read today in this newsletter, and aren’t already subscribed, you can sign up below. If you’re already subscribed, enjoy!
In today's email:
How to get a job with no experience! Yes, it’s totally possible!
Want to change careers? Quit applying online!
Jobs we love. Remote ones too.
Is the wallpaper effect impacting your job search?! Why your resume isn’t helping you stand out to recruiters.
Can I really land a job, if I don’t have any experience? Yes, you can!
Job search is already hard enough for those who have years of experience under their belts, how is someone with no experience going to get a job?
If you find a job you want and know it’s something you would be great at, but don’t have all the requirements, here’s what you need to do.
Employers are going to want to understand why you think you could be a match for the position they are trying to fill. You need to connect the dots for them. Explain why you think you are qualified for this job, show how other experience you’ve gained in your personal and professional life can apply to this position. Once you come up with all of this information, you need to turn it into a story… a connection story.
To increase your chances at being hired, you need to create a story that is so compelling and clearly shows a connection between you and this job.
If you would like to learn more about how to create the perfect story or would like to see an example of a compelling story, click the link below to read more.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
Want To Change Careers? Quit Applying Online! 📝💻
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
Remote jobs are highly in demand right now! If you’re in the market for a new job and want to work from home, we have some ideas for you.
Found job you like? Apply directly though their website using the links above. But remember, LinkedIn is your friend, we always suggest using backchanneling to give yourself a better shot at lading a job. To learn more about connecting with potential employers click HERE.
In the video above, J.T. explains what the wallpaper effect is and how it could be hurting your job search.
Resumes that are parsed by an applicant tracking system look exactly the same to recruiters. The resumes they look at are long patterns of repeating information, just like a wallpaper pattern. This technology makes it really hard to be noticed by a recruiter, especially if your resume can’t be read by these systems. Being creative and different with your resume won’t help you stand out to employers.
Instead, you need to create a connection story and get it in the eyes of a recruiter. A connection story helps the hiring team understand why you want to work for them and why you love that type of work. Standing out to employers has nothing to do with your experience and qualifications, because there are so many other fully qualified candidates out there. You need to prove to them that YOU are the candidate they need to hire, and it all starts with your connection story.
If you would like to learn more about creating connection stories and how to get them in the hands of recruiters, join Work It DAILY’s online job search coaching platform. Every day our members are using connection stories to get hired and you can too!
To gain instant access to our expert coaching and courses visit www.workitdaily.com and start a 7-day FREE trial. You can do better than wallpaper, so join Work It DAILY and let us give you the tools you need to succeed!
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!
4. Love Work It DAILY? We love ourselves too, which is why we decided to create some merch. You can click HERE to access our store or click on the images below to go right to the products. We hope you love it as much as we do!