🙅 Never Put This On Your Resume!
Plus: How to reach out to potential employers.
Hello Everyone and Happy Thursday!
In today's email:
Phrases you should never have on your resume! 4 things you need to avoid.
Pain and suffering in your career. Here’s the difference.
How to reach out to potential employers. Making connections does not make you look desperate!
Career Trivia. What does a milliner make?
Offering value to your LinkedIn connections. How to maintain and keep your professional network engaged.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
If your resume keeps getting rejected, it might not be because you don’t have the experience, it might be the words you are using…
There are some phrases and words that are instant turn offs to recruiters. If they see them on your resume, you’ll probably be thrown in the trash. Overused buzzwords and phrases that don’t really demonstrate anything, could be hurting your job search. Some of these common buzzwords include: “leader”, “creative”, “visionary”, “motivated”, “passionate”, and “driven”.
If you have any one of these words on your resume, you’re going to want to keep reading, because you probably also have some of these certain phrases on your resume too.
Here are the top phrases to avoid at all costs when writing your resume!
The Difference Between Pain & Suffering In Your Career! 🤕😢😔
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveyJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Reaching out to potential employers does not make you look desperate! When you are in job search mode, one of the best ways to give yourself a leg up is to reach out to potential employers. But we get it, reaching out to a total stranger can feel weird and awkward. Here’s how you can successfully connect with potential employers:
Who doesn’t love a good round of trivia! We have a career related trivia question for you… good luck!
What fashion accessory does a milliner make?
(click on an option below)
Answer at the bottom of the newsletter!
Yesterday, we shared the story of Amina and her stress about being overworked and taking on the jobs of 2 other people. (To read the full situation, CLICK HERE to access yesterday's newsletter.) We asked our readers, 'What Would YOU Do?" - and got some EXCELLENT responses. Here's what they said:
Today’s Energy Boosters Recommendation are electrolyte drinks from BODYARMOR. Coconut water is a great natural way to hydrate yourself, but on it’s own it doesn’t always taste great. BODYARMOR provides superior hydration with the use of coconut water, but makes it taste even better. They make so many flavors and even have a LYTE version that contains less sugar.
It’s important to constantly be building connections on LinkedIn, but how do you maintain those connections and keep them interested?
By offering them value!
When you are constantly communicating with your network (and not just when you are in job search mode and need something from your connections) you should be keeping them engaged and providing knowledge they may need.
If you know what your connections interests, skills, and needs are, then you can find ways to offer them knowledge about those things. This keeps your professional network engaged with you.
Here are three super easy ways to offer value to your LinkedIn connections!
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!