❌ NEVER put this on your cover letter!!
Plus: How to start a conversation with a new LinkedIn connection.
Hello Everyone and Happy Thursday!
In today's email:
Recruiters hate reading this on cover letters! Avoid these two things at all costs.
Stealth job search mode activated. How to job search without your current employer knowing.
How do I get an interview? What does it really take?
Career Trivia. Do you know what a mahout is?
Starting a conversation with a new LinkedIn connection. Our best tips & tricks.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
Have you spent enough time and effort writing your cover letter?
Many people tend to focus on refining and overly editing their resumes, and sometimes forget to give their cover letters proper attention. Recruiters do look at cover letters, and they are a great way to stand out to employers.
That being said, you want to stand out in a GOOD way and not a BAD way.
What do we mean by that? Well, there could be things on your cover letter that are sabotaging your chances at an interview.
Here are two things that recruiters hate to read on cover letters and that you should avoid at all costs.
How to Look For a Job Without Your Current Employer Finding Out?!?! 😨😬
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveyJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
How do I get an interview?! For many job seekers, they find themselves applying to many jobs and then never being offered interviews. It doesn’t have to be that way. We have some tips to help you get more job interviews. And it starts by knowing your value and not being afraid of an interview:
Who doesn’t love a good round of trivia! We have a career related trivia question for you… good luck!
What is a mahout a keeper for?
(click on an option below)
Answer at the bottom of the newsletter.
Today’s Energy Boosters Recommendation are electrolyte tablets from Nuun. As cold season approaches us, the best way fight off sickness is by staying hydrated. We love Nuun electrolyte tablets for our everyday hydration need. And when we feel like we need an immunity boost we turn to their immunity tablets for some extra vitamin C.
Woo-hoo you just got a new LinkedIn connection!
Now it’s time to build your professional network with this person. This starts with providing value to each other. But how do you start a conversation with this person?
Depending on how well you know the person, it can be hard to find ways to start a conversation. You know you need to say something, but you’re just not sure what to say.
Here are some tips for getting dialogue started with new LinkedIn connections.
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!