😬 This Mistake Will RUIN Your Interview!!
Plus: Here's why you should work with a career coach.
Hello Everyone and Happy Wednesday!
We have some exciting news! We’ve launched merch for Work It DAILY! If you are in need of a new sweatshirt or coffee mug, our merch is the perfect excuse. You can access our store HERE! We hope you love it as much as we do!
In today's email:
This mistake will ruin your interview! Here’s what to avoid.
#1 thing job seekers are doing wrong. And how to move forward in your career.
Have you ever thought about using a career coach? This is why you should.
Career WWYD! What would you do in this situation?
Add achievements to your LinkedIn profile. It will help you stand out to employers.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
First impressions count!!
Your resume and cover letter have caught the attention of a hiring manager, and you have been asked to do an interview!
Now it’s time to nail down your interview prep. The impression you make during this first interview is crucial if you want to continue to impress the employer with your potential. There is a lot of work that goes into interview prep because there are a lot of factors you need to think about.
Interview prep doesn’t just include practicing interview questions. Yes, you want to impress employers with your answers, but what else can you impress them with? How about your outfit, the way you communicate, your attitude, or even your personality. These are all things you should be thinking about before a first interview.
It takes a lot to leave a good first impression, and takes very little to leave a negative impression.
Here are 10 mistakes that can ruin any interview and your first impression!
The #1 Thing All Job Seekers Are Doing Wrong ❌🙅🚫
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveyJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Have you ever thought about using a career coach? Yes? That’s great let’s get you going! No? Let us show you why you need coaching. Sometimes there is a stigma around career coaching, people think if they need to ask for help, then something is wrong with them. Not everyone knows everything on their own and some of the highest achieving individuals had someone guide them to their success. Career coaches are no different, they are there to guide you to YOUR success. Using a coach will help you get ahead in your career in today’s competitive job market.
Still not convinced? Learn more below:
What Would You Do? Below is a work story that isn't true, but it could be! Read this workplace dilemma and then share what YOU would do by clicking the link and submitting your advice. We'd love to hear your response, and may even feature it in the newsletter!
You are a team leader, and two of the team members that you manage are having a disagreement about a project they are working on and its approach. One of the team members thinks the project should be approached one way and the other team member thinks it should be approached a different way. They have escalated the issue to you and they expect you to take sides. What would you do in this situation? How would you handle it?
Click HERE to respond.
Today’s Workspace Wonders Recommendation are sunrise alarm clocks. Loud obnoxious phone alarms that jolt you awake might be your thing, but they certainly aren’t ours. Sunrise alarm clocks mimic the sunrise to slowly and calmly wake you up in the morning. The natural sounds wake you up without the shock of a loud alarm. Other features like white noise help you fall asleep and stay asleep. If you want the best relaxing sleep you need one of these:
Do you want to stand out from other job candidates?
If you want to get the attention of recruiters and hiring managers, you need to add specific, tangible, and quantifiable achievements on your resume AND LinkedIn profile.
Most people tend to list what they have done in their career, but don’t say anything about what they have achieved. Profiles without achievements are extremely “duty-oriented” and don’t let a recruiter or hiring manager know if you are a good fit for the job.
If you want to stand out and prove that you are a qualified candidate who will do great things at the company, you need to write an achievement-based LinkedIn profile. Here are a few tips to get you started…
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!