- Work It DAILY
- 👮 Got a CRIMINAL record??
👮 Got a CRIMINAL record??
Plus: How the ostrich effect is hurting your job search!
Hello Everyone and Happy Thursday!
It’s nice to see you… If you love what you read today in this newsletter, and aren’t already subscribed, you can sign up below. If you’re already subscribed, enjoy!
In today's email:
How to get hired with a criminal record! Follow these 3 steps.
Is the ostrich effect hurting your job search? Here’s how you can find out.
Jobs we love. Remote ones too.
Employment gap on your resume? The best way to answer a question about this.
Job search is tough enough as it is, so for someone with a criminal record it becomes even more tough.
Is it even possible to get hired after committing a crime? Yes, of course it is! However, it’s not going to be easy, you’ll have to put in some hard work.
The best way to position yourself in a situation like this is to take responsibility for your actions. It’s important to be upfront with an employer about your record. You want to be the one informing them about what happened, you don’t want them to find out because of a background check.
If you can prove you have learned from your mistakes and have all the required skills to be successful at the job, then you will be viewed as a good candidate.
To help you succeed, we’ve put together three steps to follow during your next job interview. Take the time to review these tips beforehand, so you can be fully prepared. And don’t forget check out the list of companies who hire individuals with a criminal record at the bottom of the article.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
How The Ostrich Effect Is Hurting Your Job Search!🤕🕳️
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
Remote jobs are highly in demand right now! If you’re in the market for a new job and want to work from home, we have some ideas for you.
Found job you like? Apply directly though their website using the links above. But remember, LinkedIn is your friend, we always suggest using backchanneling to give yourself a better shot at lading a job. To learn more about connecting with potential employers click HERE.
If you have an employment gap on your resume, future employers are going to want to know two things about the gap. In the video above, J.T. explains what these two things are and how the Experience + Learn = Grow Model can help you out.
The first thing recruiters and hiring managers will want to know is if the gap was voluntary or involuntary. (Did you quit or were you let go?)
The second thing they want to know is if it was a short term or a long term gap. (Why is the gap the length that it is?)
Once they have this information, recruiters and hiring managers will probably want to understand your thoughts about this employment gap. This is where the Experience + Learn = Grow Model comes in.
At Work It DAILY we teach our clients to use this model when answering questions like this, so they say just the right amount of information. Over or underexplaining your situation isn’t going to help you out, and it’s a common thing people do.
If you don’t want to stress about how to explain your employment gap, want to learn more about the Experience + Learn = Grow model, or would like to get hired faster, we have just the thing for you…
There’s a course inside the Work It DAILY platform called Fired to Hired. You can access it for FREE right now by going to www.workitdaily.com and starting a 7-day FREE trial. Go check it out and if you don’t love it, you can always cancel. But we know you are going to LOVE it!
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!
4. Love Work It DAILY? We love ourselves too, which is why we decided to create some merch. You can click HERE to access our store or click on the images below to go right to the products. We hope you love it as much as we do!