- Work It DAILY
- 🤦 Family Asking About Your Job Search?
🤦 Family Asking About Your Job Search?
Plus: How to take ownership of your career!
Hello Everyone and Happy Wednesday! Here is a reminder that we won’t be in your inbox tomorrow or Friday due to Thanksgiving. Don’t worry, we will be back at our usual time on Monday. Happy Thanksgiving!
Fun idea… If you love what you read today in this newsletter, and aren’t already subscribed, you can SIGN UP HERE. If you are subscribed, enjoy!
In today's email:
Family asking about your job search? Here’s how to deal with family during the holidays.
What to say in an interview when you signed an NDA! How to explain you left on good terms.
What to do when you just got hired, and better job comes along.
Career WWYD! What would you do?
Taking ownership of your career. You are in charge of your success.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
The holidays can be a tough time to be conducting a job search.
The holiday season is approaching and as a job seeker, you might be feeling a bit anxious. Job search is hard and sometimes family doesn’t understand that.
If you are worried about old auntie Jo asking why you don’t have a job yet, just know you are not alone. The holidays can be the worst time of year for job seekers. Your family cares about you, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t frustrating when they constantly ask you about your job situation.
Here are some tips to help you get though these conversations with your family, so you can enjoy the holidays.
What To Say In An Interview When You Are Under NDA And Can’t Share Details About A Job 🤔
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveryJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
What should you do when you just got hired but another opportunity that you want comes along? What if the better job means lower pay? There’s a lot to consider when a decision like this arises. The videos below will walk you through the risks of each decision. Hopefully our tips will help you out:
What Would You Do? Below is a work story that isn't true, but it could be! Read this workplace dilemma and then share what YOU would do by clicking the link and submitting your advice. We'd love to hear your response, and may even feature it in the newsletter!
You are giving a presentation for work over a Zoom call. All is going well and then the technology fails and you lose access to your presentation slides. You don’t have a backup plan and the audience is waiting for you. What would you do in this situation?
What should she do? Click HERE to respond.
Today’s Workspace Wonders Recommendation will help you relax during the holiday season. The holidays are fun, but can also be stressful. Between finding gifts, cooking meals, and seeing family, things can get stressful. Especially when you have to do all of that on top of your normal job. After a long day we like to de-stress using an oil diffuser. Aromatherapy is a great way to relax, so here are some of our favorite oil diffusers.
Are you tired of depending on other people for your career success?
The only person who should be in charge of your career is you! You are the only one who can make success happen, and if you want it bad enough you will get it.
If you are feeling trapped by a bad job or boss, it might be time for you to take ownership of your career.
But where should you start?
Here are four things you can do today to take ownership of your career…
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!
4. Love Work It DAILY? We love ourselves too, which is why we decided to create some merch. You can click HERE to access our store or click on the images below to go right to the products. We hope you love it as much as we do!