🗣️ How to explain a CAREER GAP due to cancer
Work It DAILY
Good Evening! Happy world turtle day! We bet you didn't have that one on your calendars. We've been told that turtles represent wisdom and perseverance. So, we think it would be very wise of you on World Turtle Day to read our newsletter and maybe share it with a friend. 🐢
In today's email:
How to explain a career gap due to cancer. We know it can be hard, but we got you!
5 parts of a cover letter. The best way to create the best cover letter.
What defines good professional presence? See what our executives think.
Ultimate side-hustle for at home. Do this from your couch to earn cash.
WHO SAID: "I think everyone should experience defeat at least once during their career. You learn a lot from it."
Answer at the bottom of the newsletter.
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
💵 Drive Revenue vs. Optimize Profitability: Work Smarter For Business Growth - 1pm ET/9am PT - May 25th
Have you ever been taught what should go into a good cover letter? Probably not.
A great cover letter can be what sets you apart and create interest from a hiring manager. Luckily, there are only five parts to create the best cover letter: the salutation, the opening, the hook, the paragraph of knowledge, and the close.
Keep reading to learn how to structure each part of your cover letter!
Sponsored by SurveyJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Remember that the actual experience of being an online survey taker may vary, and it's essential to consider other factors such as the potential earnings, available surveys, and personal preferences before committing to any specific side hustle.
Everyone has a professional presence. But do you have a good one?
Your professional presence is your reputation and it's pretty important to have a good reputation. It will open up many opportunities if you can present yourself and your skills well. But how do you do that?
We recently asked out executives what they think defines good professional presence. Read more to see what they had to say!
Career Decoder Quiz - Our career decoder quiz will help you determine what workplace persona you are. This means you will unlock knowledge about who you are as a professional and how to thrive at work. Pretty cool, right?
Workplace Communication Style Quiz - Ever wonder how you communicate with others? This quiz will help you understand your communication style so you can work more effectively with others. Who wouldn't want that?
Not sure how to handle a career gap due to a life threatening illness? We can help!
Whether you have experienced a life threatening illness or you know someone who has, we are so glad you (or they) are okay! We also know that trying to get back to work might be tough, especially when having to explain a gap in your resume. With the right wording, when asked the gap question, you can turn a negative into a positive and have it work in your favor.
See what our CEO J.T. O'Donnell has to say about telling your story and getting back into your career!
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!
3. Are you OBSESSED with our newsletter format and want to build your own? We use a tool called beehiiv and love it. You can use it too. CLICK HERE to learn more!
QUOTE OF THE DAY ANSWER = Lou Holtz