👩💼 Edit your resume like a professional!
Plus: This is how perfectionism is killing your job search!
Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!
In today's email:
Want to edit your resume like a professional resume writer? Here’s how you can!
How to explain you got fired in a job interview. JT’s tips and advice.
Perfectionism can kill your job search! 3 signs you’re being a perfectionist in your job search.
Friday Finds. And Weekend Reading!
How to dig yourself out of a career rut. You are in control of your success.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
Job seekers often spend too much time trying to write their resume.
Writing a resume can feel intimidating and like a lot of work if you don’t know what you are doing. People who spend too much time editing their resume often spend too much time worrying about little details. They are so involved with their own experiences that they can’t give an objective view.
Rather than focusing on the important details employers are interested in, job seekers tend to include “fluff” and other mundane information. You want to showcase your achievements and experience with quantifiable information, not with wordy irrelevant details.
To write your resume like a professional, you need to take a step back at go at it with an open mind. Here are some rules you should follow while writing your resume.
How To Explain You Got Fired During A Job Interview! 😬🔥
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveyJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Is perfectionism killing your job search? If you are a perfectionist then you probably spend way too much time on the details. From your resume to cover letter to your interview prep, nothing is going to be good enough for you to move forward. You’re scared to fail and be rejected, and you think if everything is perfect before you embark on your job search, then you won’t fail. However, failure is part of the process, and you are going to have to learn how to cope with it. Here are some tip’s to help out a perfectionist trying to conduct a job search:
Happy Friday! Let’s start your weekend off with a good laugh. Enjoy!
Today’s Weekend Reading Recommendation is Better Small Talk by Patrick King. Networking is a huge part of the success of your career, and if you have a hard time making meaningful connections through small talk, then this book is for you. King will teach you how to talk to anyone, avoid awkwardness, and make deep connections with the people you meet.
Are you growing in your career or are you dying?
Unfortunately, many people get stuck in their career instead of climbing the ladder of success. They become overqualified in their position and can’t seem to move out of it. Why does this happen? Many times it’s because senior team members are blocking potential promotions. However, that shouldn’t stand in your way.
You have goals and aspirations for your career, but none of that is going to happen by sitting around and hoping things fall into place. If your career isn’t growing, then it’s dying! You’re going to have to work for a promotion, but we know you can do it!
Here are five things you can do to help get yourself out of a career rut to be successful and happy at work.
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!