😬 This Is Why You Don't Get Job Offers!!
Plus: How to emphasize your ROI on your resume.
Hello Everyone and Happy Monday! We have some exciting news! We’ve launched merch for Work It DAILY! If you are in need of a new sweatshirt or coffee mug, our merch is the perfect excuse. You can access our store HERE! We hope you love it as much as we do!
In today's email:
This is why you don’t get job offers! And what you can do about it.
Disruptive Cover Letter Masterclass. How to get access to this event.
Struggling in your job search? Just know it is not your fault.
Two Truths & A Lie! Can you detect the lie?
Emphasizing your ROI on your resume. Show them your value!
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
It’s hard enough to get a job interview these days, and even harder to get a job offer.
The biggest reason people don’t get job offers can be explained by the Goldilocks principle. Dig way back into your brain to your childhood… remember how the porridge was too hot, too cold, and just right? Or how the chairs were too hard, too soft, and just right? Well this applies to your interview answers too.
If your interview answers are too short, the interviewer might assume you have something to hide and aren’t confident in yourself. If your answers are too long, you might come across as narcissistic or all over the place with your words.
Your answers need to be just right!
We suggest practicing your answers to common interview questions before your interview so you can be prepared. Good luck!
Disruptive Cover Letter Masterclass! 😁✏️💻
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveyJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
If you are struggling in your job search, just know it’s not your fault. You’ve tried everything, but you’re not getting anywhere, and deep down you think that it is your fault. It causes you to be depressed and you lose your motivation. It’s not your fault that you were never taught how to job search correctly, but it is your responsibility to take your job search into your own hands and learn how to do it right.
Below are three workplace horror stories, however, two are true and one is a lie. Can you figure out which ones are true and which one is the lie?
Story #1: I worked at a grocery store. A customer's dog took a poop at the front of the store by the registers. He just stood there while I cleaned it. Suddenly, the dog took a second poop while I was still cleaning. But wait. As I’m cleaning the second poop, the dog then puked. As I’m cleaning that, the owner pats the dog on the head, saying, 'Good boy.'
Story #2: One time, while working front desk at a gym, a woman complained that there were too many geese outside. She said that they should’ve flown south by then and we needed to do something about it.
Story #3: One day a customer and child walked in to the bookstore I worked at. The mother took the small boy to the children’s section to pick out a book. When the mother said no to one of the books, the kid lost it and starting ripping every single book that there was off the shelves. Within minutes the store was ruined and the mom ran out with the child. Leaving me to clean up the whole thing.
Which story is the lie?
(click on an option below)
Answer at the bottom of the newsletter.
Today’s Look As Good As You Work Recommendation are Blundstone boots. They are the perfect boots for fall and winter. You can style them up or down and they are comfy too! We also love all the different colors and materials they come in. Check it out for yourself:
Does your resume showcase your value? Are you standing out to recruiters?
Your ROI, or return on investment, is the benefit companies get from hiring you. It is important to showcase your value and how you are going to save and/or make the company money. Is your resume doing you justice? Can recruiters and hiring managers get this from your current resume?
If you have made a significant different at your past jobs, you'll want to make sure it is shown on your resume. This is one of the best ways to stand out and increase your chances at getting an interview.
Here is the best way to emphasize your ROI on your resume.
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!