- Work It DAILY
- 😟 Didn't Get The Job??
😟 Didn't Get The Job??
Plus: Why companies fire people to save money.
Hello Everyone and Happy Tuesday!
It’s nice to see you… If you love what you read today in this newsletter, and aren’t already subscribed, you can sign up below. If you’re already subscribed, enjoy!
In today's email:
Didn’t get the job? Here are 3 tips to help you recover.
In the news: layoffs, lawsuits, and worried workers.
Why companies fire people to save money. What’s up with that?!?
Going around the online application. How to directly connect with hiring managers.
You put so much time and effort into your job search, so it’s easy to get frustrated when you are told you didn’t get picked.
For some people, being told you didn’t get a job can be really hard to recover from. After putting a lot of hard work into researching, applying, preparing, interviewing, and following up, it’s easy to get discouraged.
It might feel like you did all that work for nothing, but it’s not true. Being told “no” is just a part of the job search process. And while it stinks, you shouldn’t let it get in your way.
Instead of falling victim to your sadness and frustration, turn the situation into something positive. But how?
Here are three tips to help you recover after not getting the job…
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
Why Companies Fire People To Save Money! 💸😡
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
Remote jobs are highly in demand right now! If you’re in the market for a new job and want to work from home, we have some ideas for you.
Found job you like? Apply directly though their website using the links above. But remember, LinkedIn is your friend, we always suggest using backchanneling to give yourself a better shot at lading a job. To learn more about connecting with potential employers click HERE.
What if we told you it’s possible to avoid applicant tracking systems to get exactly what you want… you resume in the hands of a hiring manager. In the video above, one of J.T.’s followers on TikTok left a comment explaining how they bypassed the recruiter and directly messaged the hiring manager after they applied to a job. This person ended up getting the job and the manager was impressed with their persistence.
So how does this work? When you reach out to the hiring manager, you should share your connection story with them. Then the manager will probably check out your LinkedIn profile to see who you are. If they’re impressed, they will tell the recruiter to do a phone screen with you. Why? Because they want to see your resume and learn more about you.
If you need some more guidance with this, don’t fret, that’s what Work It DAILY is for. Within our exclusive platform, we can teach you step by step what you need to do to succeed. From creating your connection story, to perfecting your resume and LinkedIn profile, to nailing down interview prep, we can help with it all.
Job search is tough, and no one should have to go at it alone. If you are ready to speed up your job search, head to www.workitdaily.com and try a 7-day FREE trial today!!
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!
4. Love Work It DAILY? We love ourselves too, which is why we decided to create some merch. You can click HERE to access our store or click on the images below to go right to the products. We hope you love it as much as we do!