😬 The BIGGEST Job Search Mistakes!!!
Plus: This job search strategy NEVER works!
Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!
In today's email:
The biggest job search mistakes! 13 mistakes you need to avoid.
How to make your interview answers more impressive. Recruiters & hiring managers will be blown away!
Don’t apply to 500 jobs!!! This job search strategy NEVER works!
Friday Finds. And Weekend Reading.
Taking ownership of your career. You are the only one in charge of your success.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
It only takes one mistake to ruin your chances at landing a new job.
In today’s job market, there can be anywhere from hundreds of thousands of applicants for any single job. You can’t afford to make any mistakes in your job search right now or else you will ruin your chances at a job.
It’s important for job seekers to know what these common mistakes are, so they can avoid them and conduct a successful job search.
We’ve broken down this process into three categories - job search, resume, and interview - and created 13 of the biggest mistakes job seekers make over the three categories.
If you are conducting a job search right now then we highly suggest taking a look at these common mistakes, so you don’t fall victim to any of them!
How To Make Your Interview Answers More Impressive to Recruiters! 😉😁
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveyJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Don’t apply to 500 jobs! It’s not uncommon for job seekers to conduct a job search by applying to every and any job they can get their hands on. We like to call this method “spraying & praying”. And while for some it might seem like a good idea, it really is the worst job search strategy their is. You don’t need to spend hours and hours and hours every week applying to jobs. There are more strategic methods you can use, that will get you much better results:
Happy Friday! There’s no better way to start your weekend than with a good laugh. We hope this does the trick, enjoy!
Today’s Weekend Reading Recommendation is Dare to Lead by Brene Brown. At work we are always wondering how we can be better leaders and Dare to Lead can teach you just that. As you read, you will learn the skills for having tough conversations, brave work, and leading with your heart. Most importantly you will learn how embracing vulnerability can make you a great leader even when you are unsure of the outcome.
The only person in charge of your career is YOU!
If you are letting other people control your career or are depending on them for your success, it’s time to STOP! It’s your career not anyone else’s, and you get to be in charge.
If you are feeling trapped by a bad job, terrible boss, or insulting pay, then it’s time to make a change! But how??
We know it might feel hard to find a good place to start, that’s why we have put together a list of four things you can start doing TODAY to take control of your career. If you are ready to make a change then this is for you!
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!