- Work It DAILY
- 🙅 The BIGGEST Interview MISTAKE!
🙅 The BIGGEST Interview MISTAKE!
Plus: Would you take your parents to a job interview?
Hello Everyone and Happy Tuesday! In yesterday’s newsletter, we accidentally included the wrong link to the Annual Career Check Up article. If you would like to read it, you can find the correct link HERE. We apologize for the confusion and hope you enjoy!
It’s nice to see you… If you love what you read today in this newsletter, and aren’t already subscribed, you can sign up below. If you’re already subscribed, enjoy!
In today's email:
The biggest interview mistake job seekers make! And it costs them the job.
Would you take your parents to a job interview? Some gen z job seekers have.
Jobs we love. Remote ones too.
How to get around the ATS! So hiring managers will actually see you!
The interview process can take weeks to get through, don’t let all your hard work go to waste during the last interview.
If you’ve made it to the final round interviews, congratulations! You have put a lot of hard work in to get where you are. And you probably want to work even harder to ace this last test and land the job.
There is a lot of pressure to perform well during a final interview. You want to impress the hiring manager and your potential future co-workers. But many times this pressure gets to us, resulting in negative outcomes.
Many of our clients make a HUGE mistake during this last interview, and sometimes it costs them the job!
Just tell us what the mistake is!
Okay, okay, the biggest mistake you can make during a final round interview is to “pull back”.
If you want to learn more about what that means, you will have to keep reading…
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
Would You Take Your Parents To A Job Interview?!? 👪💼🤔
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
Remote jobs are highly in demand right now! If you’re in the market for a new job and want to work from home, we have some ideas for you.
Found job you like? Apply directly though their website using the links above. But remember, LinkedIn is your friend, we always suggest using backchanneling to give yourself a better shot at lading a job. To learn more about connecting with potential employers click HERE.
In the video above, J.T. responds to a question about communicating your connection story when you can’t get past the ATS and in the eyes of a human.
It a great question and a challenge job seekers face every single day. While you should be optimizing your resume for the applicant tracking systems (psst, Work It DAILY can help with that), there is another approach you can use that will ensure a human sees you.
We like to teach our members how to “back channel”. You might be thinking… what does that mean?
When you back channel you are reaching out directly to hiring managers and/or employees at the company. You’re putting your connection story directly in their hands. This method is much more effective than just applying to jobs online.
If you are in need of some tips for writing your connection story, optimizing your resume, or are interested in learning more about back channeling, head on over to www.workitdaily.com.
Try a 7-day FREE trial and cancel at any time. Memberships start at $19 a month!
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!
4. Love Work It DAILY? We love ourselves too, which is why we decided to create some merch. You can click HERE to access our store or click on the images below to go right to the products. We hope you love it as much as we do!