😱 The 3 BIGGEST Resume Mistakes!!
Plus: How to manage stress at work.
Hello Everyone and Happy Thursday! This is a reminder that we will not be in your inbox tomorrow 11/10 due to the Veterans Day Holiday. Thank you to all who have served for our country!
We have some exciting news! We’ve launched merch for Work It DAILY! If you are in need of a new sweatshirt or coffee mug, our merch is the perfect excuse. You can access our store HERE! We hope you love it as much as we do!
In today's email:
3 BIG resume mistakes! Luckily, they are easy to fix.
When you need to pay the bills… but don’t want to sacrifice your career dreams.
Do you have 20+ years of experience? Here’s how to write your next resume.
Career Trivia! Do you know what a glazier does?
How to manage stress at work. Hear from our leading executives.
Here’s what’s going on in the news (related to careers of course):
Often times your resume is how a potential employer gets to first meet you.
That being said, you want your resume to make a good first impression. If a recruiter of hiring manager sees your resume, you want to make sure you will be put in the ‘yes’ pile and not the trash.
Silly mistakes on resumes cause employers to shake their head and move on to the next resume. And when we say mistakes we don’t mean spelling errors or formatting problems. Those types of things should never end up in a final draft of your resume, because you should be proof reading your documents thoroughly.
The mistakes we are talking about are easy to make and you probably don’t even realize you are making them. The good news? They are easy to fix and we can show you how.
Here are three BIG mistakes you should avoid on your resume…
When You Need To Pay The Bills, But Don’t Want To Sacrifice Your Career Dreams! 🤷🤔
Did somebody say FREE? Yup, we did. We’ve got live events, instant access resources, and quizzes all for FREE!
LIVE EVENTS: Join Work It DAILY's CEO and 20+ year career coaching veteran, J.T. O'Donnell for some live events you won't want to miss!
Simply click the link to learn more & save yourself a (free) seat to any of our events.
INSTANT ACCESS RESOURCES & QUIZZES: These resources will help you boost your career. Click HERE to get started.
Sponsored by SurveyJunkie
5 Reasons To Make SurveyJunkie Your Next Side Hustle
There are several reasons why someone might choose to have a side hustle as an online survey taker for SurveyJunkie. Here are five possible reasons:
1. Flexibility: Online survey taking allows for flexibility in terms of working hours. As a survey taker, you can typically choose when and where you want to complete surveys. This flexibility is especially beneficial for individuals who have other commitments such as a full-time job, studies, or family responsibilities.
2. Extra Income: One of the primary motivations for having a side hustle is to earn additional income. SurveyJunkie offers compensation to survey takers for completing surveys. While the income may vary depending on factors like survey length and complexity, it can be a convenient way to supplement your regular income or save up for specific goals.
3. Low Entry Barrier: Starting as an online survey taker usually has a low barrier to entry. SurveyJunkie, for example, allows individuals to sign up easily and start taking surveys without requiring specialized skills or experience. This accessibility makes it an attractive option for people looking to earn money without needing extensive training or qualifications.
4. Work from Anywhere: Online survey taking provides the opportunity to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home, a coffee shop, or while traveling, as long as you have access to the internet, you can take surveys and earn money. This flexibility can be particularly appealing for digital nomads or individuals seeking location-independent work.
5. Variety and Engagement: Participating in online surveys exposes you to a range of topics and provides an opportunity to share your opinions. This can be interesting and engaging for individuals who enjoy expressing their thoughts, providing feedback, or learning about different subjects. It can also serve as a way to stay updated on market trends, consumer preferences, and new products or services.
Do you have 20+ years of experience? Are you struggling to write your resume? As we get older and grow in our careers we build a lot of valuable experience and skills. If you are searching for a new job you might be wondering how you should represent all of that experience and skills on your resume. Our Resume & LinkedIn Bootcamp can teach you just that. We also have some tips to help age-proof your resume and LinkedIn profile:
Who doesn’t love a good round of trivia! We have a career related trivia question for you… good luck!
What does a glazier do?
(click on an option below)
Answer at the bottom of the newsletter.
Today’s Energy Boosters Recommendation are vitamin D supplements to boost your happiness. Like we mentioned yesterday, as the days get shorter, many of us start to feel a little bit down. We miss the sun and the vitamin D we benefit from it. These supplements help boost your happiness and immune support when we can’t see the sun as much as we would like:
Being able to manage your work stress is not only essential for your wellbeing, but also essential for your overall job satisfaction.
The pressure of attending meetings, completing deadlines, reaching goals, and maintaining a healthy work-life balance can be stressful. If you let this overwhelming amount of stress take over, it will affect your work AND your personal life. With the right strategies and management tips you can take control of the stress and live a happier life.
We recently asked our leading executives for their tips on managing stress at work. Here’s what they had to say…
1. Was this email forwarded to you? SIGN UP HERE to get the ONLY career advice newsletter you'll ever need. (Yep. We're THAT good!)
2. Want to be featured (paid sponsorship) in our newsletter? CLICK HERE to send us your information and we'll be in touch!